Talks are set to resume between BA bosses and pilots' union BALPA over planned strikes 

Mail Online | 8/28/2019 | Sebastian Murphy-bates For Mailonline
eymira (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/28/17/17750354-0-image-a-13_1567009013882.jpg

British Airways pilots who were planning to strike will resume talks with the airline after their trade unionist leader went on a Mediterranean cruise while threatening to ruin holidays for tens of thousands.

Trade union BALPA had threatened the summer plans of holidaymakers across the country, but today the airline spoke of 'encouraging news' for customers.

Mail - Strike - Leader - Brian - Strutton

It comes after the Mail tracked down strike leader Brian Strutton - who earns £167,000 a year - as he enjoyed a break on a luxury liner with his wife, Sue.

This afternoon, trade unionists wrote to BA CEO Alex Cruz to confirm they were now ready to restart talks, following the pictures of Mr Strutton on holiday.

Airways - Conciliatory - Service - ACAS - Negotiations

British Airways lined up the conciliatory service ACAS so they were able to restart negotiations at any point.

Negotiations could begin as early as this evening, according to the note, which read: 'Thank you for your letter to Mr. Cruz and I am pleased to hear that you are willing to meet.

'We - ACAS - Pre-conditions

'We have already reached out to ACAS to confirm that we are eager to talk, but to be clear this will be without any pre-conditions.

'I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A slice out of infinity