Too Good: Variety Posts Triggered Letter To VMA Host Who Mocked ‘Safe Spaces’

NewsBusters | 8/28/2019 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/maniscalco.jpg

VMA host Sebastian Maniscalso took some heat from Hollywood outlets on Tuesday for making mild jokes during the high profile music award show at the expense of “sensitive,” teens in need of “safe spaces.” Of course this “triggered” someone, and Hollywood website Variety published a letter finger-wagging at the comedian for the “callous” jokes.

And thus the current of outrage stays continuous in this closed circuit.

MTV - Loyalist - Core - Eleuthera - Lisch

“MTV loyalist to the core,” Eleuthera Lisch, executive director of something called “soteria. a woman. initiative.” had once considered the VMAs one of her “safe spaces,” a place that she associated “with belonging, inclusivity, being part of the magic, vicariously living a dream.

But Maniscalso ruined all the nice things by gently ribbing millennials. The wicked man infiltrated that “safe space.”

Night - Show - Series - Jokes - Spaces

Really. Get this: “I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about the show, specifically a series of jokes you made about ‘safe spaces for people feeling triggered,’ available backstage,” she wrote. She was horrified he joked about teens needing a “stress ball and a blankie.”

More horrifying is the fact that she’s not the only cupcake in the box. “Your opening monologue blew my phone up; People from all over texting me footage of your comments. Pained messages of how callous and obtuse your words felt. How tone deaf, mocking and unnecessarily unkind.”

Fan - Days - Comedy - Fan - Work

She once was a fan of the comedian, now those happy days were wrenched from her. “I love comedy and have have been a fan of your work for years, but your words last night felt...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?