Vaping firm's advert is BANNED for suggesting its products were endorsed by Sir Mo Farah

Mail Online | 8/28/2019 | Sean Poulter Consumer Affairs Editor For The Daily Mail
Tanya9Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/28/09/17776734-0-image-a-24_1566981067594.jpg

An advertisement for a vape liquid firm has been banned after it gave a false impression the products were endorsed by Olympic hero Sir Mo Farah.

A bus stop poster for the company Diamond Mist featured an image of the eyes, eyebrows and bald head of someone who looked very much like the gold medal winner alongside a caption that read: 'Mo's Mad for Menthol'.

Time - Poster - April - May - Year

At the time the poster appeared in April and May this year, people complained that it was misleading to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA).

Sir Mo himself took to social media to make clear the advertisement had nothing to do with him.

Ruling - Today - Watchdog - 'We - Sir

In a ruling published today, the watchdog said: 'We noted that Sir Mo Farah had tweeted about the ad, saying that he did not feature in it and had not endorsed the product.

'Overall, we considered that the ad was likely to give consumers the misleading impression that the product had been endorsed by Sir Mo Farah. We...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!