Physicist outraged: Stanford’s ‘physics for minorities’ is toxic racism
Read the Full Article

Climate Depot | 8/27/2019 | Marc Morano

about a new Stanford physics course, Physics 41E. The content is supposed to be identical to Physics 41, a mechanics course, except that the enrolled students are supposed to be students from minorities who had little or no high school physics or calculus. Such students obviously have to be given more care – so they receive “learning assistants” (LAs) who get an extra $1,700 stipend for their work. I suppose that the students from the minorities don’t have to pay for this extra expense.

A female professor whose first name resembles Lisa – a faculty member and a blogger with the defunct “Cosmic Variance” weblog around Sean Carroll (who switched to the “Preposterous Universe”) – seems to be the main driving force of this extremely unfortunate idea. It’s natural to think that certain people have already gotten into the system with the help of the illegitimate ideologically driven distortions – and their gratitude helps them to spread this distortion further.

People - Split - Courses - South - Africa

Incidentally, it’s funny to realize that most of the people behind the split of courses to Physics 41 and 41E have been attacking South Africa and the U.S. for segregation, the ultimate crime. Now it’s their wonderful new idea!

You know, almost 15 years ago, your innocent humble correspondent was forced to notice the stunning racist and sexist approach to students – and the terror against instructors who don’t join it – for the first time. Perhaps because of my naivite, perhaps because of my limited experience, I still believed that Harvard was a fair university and even the grading was accurate and meticulous. But in a course, my TA – who was a perfectionist and whose work I was sufficiently verifying to have a full confidence in him – has determined some final grades for the students, based on some homework and/or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Climate Depot
Wake Up To Breaking News!