Weekend Box Office: ‘Angel Has Fallen’? More Like Angel Has Risen! To the Top of the Box Office, That Is!

/Film | 8/26/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/weekend-box-office-angel-has-fallen.jpg

Weekend Box Office: ‘Angel Has Fallen’? More Like Angel Has Risen! To the Top of the Box Office, That Is!

The general online reaction to Angel Has Fallen, the third entry in the Has Fallen franchise, was: “Who wants this?” The answer: lots of people. At least, that’s what the weekend box office numbers tell us. The latest Mike Banning adventure rose to the top of the box office, outperforming expectations and confirming that audiences can’t get enough of Gerard Butler. Meanwhile, Hobbs and Shaw debuted in China and resulted in the biggest August opening ever.

Anyone - Has - Fallen - Movies - Money

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who loves the Has Fallen movies. Yet they keep making money. Case in point: Angel Has Fallen, the latest film to focus on Gerard Butler’s ****-kicking secret service agent, just topped the weekend box office at $21.25 million. That’s not small potatoes, but here’s the catch: it’s the lowest opening in the franchise’s history. But! It’s also the first film in the series to debut at number 1. This says more about the sorry state of the summer box office than it does the franchise.

Good Boys dropped down to second place with $11.75 million. In third place: Overcomer, a movie I’ve never even heard of. It’s another one of those faith-based dramas,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis