Yale professor, computer scientist rejects Darwinism, now finds Intelligent Design compelling

www.christianpost.com | 8/26/2019 | Staff
baileyboo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/26/232677.png

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

An Ivy League professor of computer science has abandoned Darwinism and denounced evolution as an improbable scientific theory. Intelligent design, he now says, is an argument worthy of deeper consideration.

David - Gelertner - Computer - Science - Yale

David Gelertner, who has taught computer science at Yale University since 1982, penned an article earlier this year in the Claremont Review of Books detailing his journey of coming to believe that Darwinian evolution — for which he still retains some fond feelings, calling it "brilliant and beautiful" — is wrong.

Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species was published in November 1859 and is widely considered to be the foundation of evolutionary biology.

Others - Darwin - Theory - Doubts - Years

"Like so many others, I grew up with Darwin’s theory, and had always believed it was true. I had heard doubts over the years from well-informed, sometimes brilliant people, but I had my hands full cultivating my garden, and it was easier to let biology take care of itself. But in recent years, reading and discussion have shut that road down for good," he explained in May.

A key reason why he came to reject Darwinism was notably missing fossils from the from historical record. During the Cambrian era, the number of fossils of major animal groups grew exponentially; thus, the record should then show many fossils of much simpler creatures, "transitional" ones, in the previous period. But it does not and such organisms still have not shown up.

Darwin - Theory - Life - Forms - Ones

“Darwin’s theory predicts that new life forms evolve gradually from old ones in a constantly branching, spreading tree of life,” Gelertner went on to say.

“Those brave new Cambrian creatures must therefore have had Precambrian predecessors, similar but not quite as fancy and sophisticated. They could not have all blown out suddenly, like a bunch of geysers. Each must have had a closely related predecessor, which must...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!