Yankees slugger Aaron Judge fulfills promise to elderly fan by smashing a home run

Mail Online | 8/25/2019 | Alex Raskin Sports News Editor For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/26/14/17703812-0-image-a-6_1566825133374.jpg

Evoking the memory of New York Yankees legend Babe Ruth, the team's current star slugger Aaron Judge fulfilled a promise to a fan on Sunday night by crushing a home run at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.

Before the game, the Yankees right fielder was recorded speaking with John Brown, the father of New York bullpen coach Jason Brown and someone Judge has become familiar with in recent years, according to multiple reports.

New - York - Win - Goodbye - John

The two did some catching up along the sideline ahead of New York's 5-1 win, and before saying his goodbye to John Brown, who was wearing a Yankees hat, Judge promised, 'I'll hit one for your tonight.'

Judge fulfilled that promise in the second inning when he smacked a curveball from Dodgers ace and former Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw over the centerfield fence in the third inning.

SCROLL - DOWN - FOR - VIDEO

SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO

'That's Aaron Judge, yeah, that's who he is,' Jason Brown told ESPN.

John - Brown - Age - Son - Jason

John Brown's age has not been reported publicly. He and his son Jason are from Long Beach, California, which is why he was in attendance at Sunday's Dodgers-Yankees game.

Afterwards, while speaking with ESPN, Judge credited the wind for the home run.

John - Brown - Place - Anaheim - Year

'I've seen [John Brown] all over the place, and I missed seeing him when we played in Anaheim this year, so I went over there and just said hello to him and said I'd get one for him, and I was able to do that today,' Judge said.

'Wind was blowing out, though, so that helped.'

Judge - Brown

Judge later joked that Brown was his 'lucky...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!