It Is Well with My Soul

(in)courage | 8/26/2019 | Staff
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/08262019_Erica-Stidham_VictoryEDIT.jpg

My husband, Brian, and I finally made the decision to move our family into a new home — a new home we had prayed about, saved for, and contemplated for years. It was a beautiful, freshly remodeled home with everything brand new throughout the house. God’s confirmation in opening doors seemed to be clear and evident with everything falling into place as it should. Inspections, renters for our current home, and closing dates all went smoothly. We were thrilled, entirely in agreement, and totally at peace.

One week after moving into our new home, Hurricane Harvey began wreaking havoc on our city. We knew we would be safe though because my husband, a land development manager, had studied the flood plain maps and our house was supposed to be well out of the danger zone.

Days - Belongings - Water - Floor - Everything

However, two days later, we moved our belongings upstairs as water threatened to invade the first floor. It was surreal. We had already unpacked entirely and put everything in its place. The pictures were all hung, and the décor had already found perfect spots. I was so pleased with myself having stayed up late every night to get it all done before the girls started school.

What should have been a joyous first day of school for the girls was terrifying and sad as we had to evacuate. Just before leaving, we took our first photo in our new home in front of a wall hanging that featured the lyrics, It is well. I truly believed the Lord would stop the water. I knew He was able, and I had peace that all would end well.

Message - Photos - Home - Couple - Inches

But soon after we left, I received a message and photos of our home with a couple of inches of water throughout. When Brian and I finally made it back to our neighborhood,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: