Naive pastors don’t know psychology and sociology

@djchuang | 8/25/2019 | djchuang
doona07 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i1.wp.com/djchuang.com/c/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/gift-habeshaw-de4rRBVOMPc-unsplash.jpg?fit=800,430&ssl=1

Pastoring and leading is primarily about people. It’s not only about people. It is so much more. And as much as we study the Bible or go thru years of seminary training, to prepare for Gospel ministry, that’s not the half of it.

I was naïve enough to think that a solid 4+ years of Th.M. education, which is much more than a 3-year M.Div. or a mere 2-year M.A.B.S. Add 5 more years of actually working as a pastor and getting paid for it, I still didn’t get it. Theology is like the tip of the iceberg; there’s so much more about people, who are made in God’s image, underneath it all that requires more attention and adept skills.

Course - Bible - Insights - People - People

Of course, the Bible does give you the rudimenary and foundational insights about people. How people are like sheep. Sheep who need a shepherd to lead them, or else they’d wander aimlessly. Sheep who are dependent or they’ll go hungry. Sheep who are defenseless and are vulnerable to attack from its enemies. Sheeps that poop. Sheeps that baaah baaah baaah because they’re needy.

And we are sheep that have gone astray. Human nature became imperfect and flawed near the beginning. The Bible calls being born into sin. Many churches and Bible teachers talk a lot about sin. That is rarely balanced enough with the dignity and worth of humans that God loves and values. Without that balance in view, more Christian people than not operate out of guilt and not meausuring up, instead of being thriving and free. But I digress; another topic for another day.

Bible - Thoroughly - Theology - God - Answers

If studying the Bible thoroughly isn’t enough, or having a clearly structured theology to understand God and having the “right” answers, what else do we need to pastor and lead well?

Many years later, I can say and blog...
(Excerpt) Read more at: @djchuang
Wake Up To Breaking News!