God’s kindness brings encounters

www.christianpost.com | 8/25/2019 | Staff
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/26/232635.jpeg

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

As I gave the barista my drink order that Sunday morning, I noticed a couple behind me who looked a little haggard. The woman had a legal sized yellow pad and Bic pen in hand. I asked what they were having and put all three drinks on my card. As we waited in line for the drinks to arrive, all I could think about was that I might be late to speak at my friend’s church there in Columbus, Ohio.

Drink - Man - Coffee - Ours - Coffee

As we waited for our drink to arrive the man asked, “So what’s up with the coffee? Why’d you buy ours?” I responded, “I like to buy coffee for people in line behind me — it’s a small way to say, “God is in love with you.” If Jesus were at Starbucks this morning he’d be showing His love, not just talking about it!”

At that, the woman let out a loud, guttural cry — almost a groan but at high volume. It was loud enough that the dozens of people suddenly got quiet and looked at me as though I had caused this to happen. The woman was so spent from her wailing she was winded — as though she’d finished an aerobic workout. As she quieted down, he put an assuring hand on her back and said, “It’s going to be okay honey. It’s going to be okay.”

Night - Daughter - Party - Drug - Ecstasy

He continued with me. “Last night our 19-year-old daughter went to a party. She took the drug Ecstasy. For whatever reason, the drug stopped her heart. She fell to the ground and died. We are here to plan her funeral service. As we pulled into the parking spot, my wife said, “We are Jewish but aren’t religious. We aren’t faithful to go to temple. Still, I want to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: