All is forgiven? Boris Johnson larks around with Emmanuel Macron and Brigitte Macron

Mail Online | 8/24/2019 | Jack Maidment, Deputy Political Editor;Henry Martin For Mailonline
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/24/20/17651966-0-image-a-11_1566674429591.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/24/3714106649113675109/1024x576_MP4_3714106649113675109.mp4

Boris Johnson was seen in seemingly high spirits with Emmanuel and Brigitte Macron at the G7 summit after a tense exchange of words with Donald Tusk over who would be at fault in the event of a No Deal Brexit.

Mr Tusk, the president of the European Council, said when he arrived in Biarritz today for the three day gathering of the leaders of the wealthiest nations in the world that he would not 'co-operate on No Deal'.

Mr - Johnson - Everything - History - No

He suggested Mr Johnson should do everything he can to prevent going down in history as 'Mr No Deal'.

But the PM hit back, telling reporters on the flight to the French coastal town before his arrival this afternoon that it was Mr Tusk who risked being given that title.

Tensions - Negotiations - October - Brexit - Mr

While tensions may be running high for the crucial negotiations ahead of an October Brexit, Mr Johnson and the French First Couple were all smiles as they met on the shores of Biarritz this evening.

French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte, whose country is hosting the high-stakes meetings this weekend, were seen welcoming US President Donald Trump and his wife Melania, along with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and German Chancellor Angela Merkel ahead of a working dinner at the Biarritz lighthouse tonight.

G7 - Leaders - Meal - Chefs - Elysee

The G7 leaders dined on a three-course meal prepared by chefs from the Elysee, with a starter of Piperade - a traditional regional dish of onion, green peppers and tomatoes - followed by a main course of tuna, with a peach dessert to finish.

In a tense exchange of words with Mr Tusk earlier today, Mr Johnson had said: 'As I’ve made it absolutely clear, I don’t want a No Deal Brexit but I say to our friends in the EU: if they don’t want a No Deal...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!