Children’s Sermon for Labor Day Weekend

Ministry-To-Children | 8/24/2019 | Kristin Schmidt
monna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://ministry-to-children.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/i-will-give-you-rest-300x300.jpg

Every child need to learn what it means to rest in Jesus – especially with the hectic pace of life taking over childhood. Download this free Labor Day children’s sermon and watch our teaching example video below.

Main Objective: In our culture, we thrive on perpetual momentum, constantly keeping busy and trying to “work” and accomplish as much as possible. Unfortunately, this sometimes even rubs off on kids, who are bustled from one practice to another and feel the weight of performance. This message seeks to communicate the importance of rest. Whether the occasion is Labor Day, back to school, or just taking a break in general, it’s essential to pause and appreciate God’s commandment to periodically cease our labor.

Law/Gospel - Theme - Weight - Law - Something

Law/Gospel Theme: Under the weight of the law, we are tempted to be always doing, achieving, trying to reach something. The blessing and beauty of the Gospel reminds us that we do not have to be always busy or working nonstop. God has not made us human “doings” but human “beings.” His grace already covers anything we might need. He allows us to rest in His peace.

video example of this message or browse all object lessons

Hello - Something - Share - Today - Question…has

Hello friends! So, I have something I want to share with you today, but first I have a question…has anyone done anything special this week? Anything important? I mean, have you made a serious contribution to society, or maybe earned an award, or finished a lot of special assignments? Anybody? Well, here’s what I want to show you (take out planner/calendar, packed full of writing and tasks):

This is my planner. You see, in it I have all of the essential dates and things I need to remember. As you can see, I am extremely busy. In fact, I have a lot of important tasks on here,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ministry-To-Children
Wake Up To Breaking News!