Brave mother-of-five, 37, relives the horrendous night her ex-husband broke her nose

Mail Online | 8/24/2019 | Emer Scully For Mailonline
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/24/12/17642312-0-image-a-85_1566647365658.jpg

A mother-of-five has spoken of the night her ex-husband looked 'dead behind his eyes' as he beat her unconscious in their hotel room.

Lucy Mears, 37, was celebrating her husband's birthday in Newcastle when a tirade of emotional abuse ended with the violent assault that nearly killed her.

Ex-husband - Sentence - Restraining - Order - Prevents

Her now ex-husband was handed a 24-month suspended sentence and a life-time restraining order prevents him from going near Ms Mears and her five children.

Ms Mears, who lives in Wolverhampton and dreams of becoming an underwear model, was left with a broken nose and a bone sticking out of her gum during the attack two years ago.

Doctor - Ex-husband - Blow - Head

And a doctor told her if her ex-husband had dealt one more blow to the head she could have died.

'I had a broken nose, a bone sticking out of my gum and my body was covered in bruises, even after a week they were still coming out,' she said.

'I - MRI - Scan - Bleeds - Brain

'I also had to have an MRI scan to check for a bleeds on the brain, I was really lucky.'

After an evening celebrating her husband's birthday the couple went back to their hotel room, where they were the only people staying on the entire floor.

Night - Tirade - Insults - Cheek - Force

Later in the night he began a tirade of insults before punching her on her left cheek with such force she nearly fell off the bed, she remembers.

'I went flying off the bed but I managed to stop myself. I said "don't ever do that to me again," so then he hit me and I ended up on the floor where he continued to hit me, kick me in the head and drag me around.

'It - Time - Face

'It was the first time he had hit me in my face. Normally he...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?
Tagged: