I Believe in the Holy Spirit (John 16:5-15)

The Aquila Report | 8/24/2019 | Staff
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
The Holy Spirit has taken up residence within those of us who are followers of Jesus, and he promises never to leave. “In our darkest moment, he’s as real as the breath in our lungs” (J.D. Greear). God is so committed to us that he doesn’t just reveal himself. He doesn’t even just forgive us and save us. God is so committed to us that he has moved into us, taking up residence in our lives.

Big Idea: The Spirit lives within us and leads us into truth.

Jesus

Why is it better that Jesus is no longer physically with us?

I get kind of jealous. In 1999 I traveled to Israel. We visited places where Jesus walked. One of my favorite places was the synagogue in Capernaum, Jesus’ home base. The Bible records that Jesus taught and healed a man at the synagogue, and the ruins of a 4th century synagogue are still there, possibly built over the remains of the 1st century synagogue. You’re walking in a place Jesus walked. It’s amazing.

Imagine - Jesus - Mentor - Imagine - Night

Imagine having Jesus as your mentor. Imagine being able to sit down one night and have a long talk with him, asking him questions and getting answers. Imagine asking him to help you with some of your problems. Imagine even being able to shake his hand. I get a bit jealous when I think that some people — his disciples — got to enjoy that privilege.

It would be cool to live with Jesus right beside us so that we could ask him questions. But surprisingly, Jesus says:

Jesus - Presence - Position - Jesus - Disciples

According to Jesus, we are better off without his physical presence. You and I are in a better position than Jesus’ disciples, who got to live and talk with Jesus for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .
Tagged: