China Retaliates With Tariffs on $75 Billions of More U.S. Goods

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 8/23/2019 | Mary Chastain
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Chinese-Tariffs.png

China has decided to implement tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods as the U.S. plans to impose tariffs on $300 billion worth of Chinese products.

These additional tariffs will cover almost all of the remaining U.S. products imported to China.

Move - President - Donald - Trump - Optimism

The move comes as President Donald Trump continues to express optimism when it comes to the trade war with China.

China will impose the tariffs on September 1 and December 15, the same dates as the new U.S. tariffs. U.S. cars will receive a 25% tariff. China slapped a 10% tariff on pork imports. A 5% tariff will go with auto parts and components, soybeans, and crude-oil imports. The Chinese did not include liquified natural gas.

Trump - Tariffs - August - China - Purchases

Trump announced new tariffs in early August, which led to China “freezing purchases of U.S. agricultural products and letting its currency drop to its lowest level in a decade.”

The Wall Street Journal pointed out “[A] weak yuan makes Chinese exports cheaper.”

Economy

Affecting the Economy?

I hate tariffs. I do not keep that a secret. However, I refuse to go into...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!