Christie Brinkley's kids cover Hamptons magazine but say don't like the term 'celebrity children'

Mail Online | 8/22/2019 | Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
jster97 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/22/21/17584670-0-image-a-6_1566505030035.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/21/1260560660345274527/1024x576_MP4_1260560660345274527.mp4

Christie Brinkley's children Alexa Ray Joel, Sailor Brinkley-Cook, and Jack Brinkley-Cook happily posed together for a cover shoot for Hamptons magazine, but they insist they don't like to be thought of as 'celebrity children.'

The three siblings have been in the public eye since they were born thanks to their supermodel mother's fame, and while they've lived a privileged life, they admit there is a dark side to growing up with famous parents.

Sailor - Alexa - Magazine - Photoshoots - Mother

Although Sailor, 21, and Alexa, 33, have both posed for magazine photoshoots with their 65-year-old mother in the past, they told the publication that constantly being compared to her has been hurtful.

'I hate the term "celebrity children,"' Sailor said. 'It can stunt your growth.'

Weird - Celebrity - Offspring - Alexa - Father

'Even more weird is "celebrity offspring,"' added Alexa, whose father is superstar musician Billy Joel.

Christie's marriage to the singer was her second, and they divorced in 1994 after nine years together. The same year as their split, she wed Richard Taubman and welcomed Jack, who is now 24. However, their brief marriage only lasted until 1995.

Model - Sailor - Father - Peter - Cook

The model married Sailor's father, architect Peter Cook, in 1996. He adopted Jack, and the couple spent 12 years together before they divorced in 2008.

Like her mother, Sailor is a model and has even graced the pages of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. After a gap year in Australia, she is returning to Parsons School of Design this fall to study photography.

Mom - Girls - Media - Others - Photos

She admitted she was constantly 'body shamed' and compared to her mom, and she wishes girls on social media would stop trying to please others with filtered photos.

'I have been every size,' she said. 'I’m not the mini-Christie Brinkley. I’m myself. Now, I just try to post more normal things.'

Sister - 'I - Girls

Her older sister added: 'I like to encourage girls to showcase...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!