Wizards Unite: When Story Gets Woven into Everyday Life

Think Christian | 8/22/2019 | Staff
cobra662 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thinkchristian-webassets.imgix.net/articleImages/2019/wizards-unite-craft.png?crop=focalpoint&fit=crop&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&h=500&ixlib=php-1.1.0&q=80&w=800&s=8b4b3b9f3b0e7b7c8dddba3c4ada0f14

While watching my daughter play at the park one summer morning, I got some Every Flavour Beans at an inn, battled a few werewolves, and rescued young Ron Weasley from a boggart. That may sound pretty odd, I admit. But it is true, in a manner of speaking, because I was playing Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

Wizards Unite is a new “augmented reality” mobile game from Niantic, the company that also made Pokemon Go and Ingress. All three games are built on maps of real-life points of interest (parks, monuments, churches, landmarks, public art). These become game-relevant locations where players can virtually gather items needed to play or battle to claim the location (temporarily) for their team. Like Pokemon Go, in Wizards Unite some aspects of the game can only happen at these points of interest, while others can pop up anywhere that a player opens the game.

Wizards - Unite - Players - World - Surprises

Wizards Unite allows players to view the world as full of surprises, opportunities, and magic. In Wizards Unite, the “traces” that pop...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Think Christian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: