SPIRITUAL DIRECTION – A READING LIST UPDATED AND REVISED

Godspacelight | 8/22/2019 | Staff
Coraav (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/bible-1866564_640.jpg

In preparation for our new theme starting next week – What Does Your Soul Long To Do? I have updated our reading list on spiritual direction, an essential part of preparing our souls for the journey ahead. A big thank you to my Facebook friends who helped revise this list, adding new suggestions to the list that we first published in 2014.

Once again I am indebted to Terry Clees who provided me with the bibliography for her dissertation and to so many others who contributed. I asked for out of the box suggestions and appreciate the rich variety of these – from books and websites on the traditional spiritual direction to children’s books, liberation theologians and postmodern thinkers. As you can imagine this is not a comprehensive list but hopefully it gives all of us a place to start, no matter what our faith perspective.

Books - Books - List - Review - Book

I have not personally read all these books, but may go broke acquiring the new books it has added to my reading list. Where possible I have also included a review of the book especially if it is not one that I am familiar with. If you know have reviewed one of these books or have others to add to the list please leave a comment below. Enjoy – we are always working to improve these lists!

Addison, Howard A., and Barbara Eve. Breitman. Jewish Spiritual Direction: An Innovative Guide from Traditional and Contemporary Sources. And check out the publisher’s website: Jewish Lights Publishers

Bakke - Jeannette - A - Holy - Invitations

Bakke, Jeannette A. Holy Invitations: Exploring Spiritual Direction. Check out this article, “Making Space for God” on Christianity Today.

Barry, William Francis, and William J. Connolly. The Practice of Spiritual Direction.

Brenner - David - G - Sacred - Companions

Brenner David G. Sacred Companions: The Gift of Spiritual Friendship and Direction .

Brother Lawrence. The Practice of the Presence of God.

Demacopoulos - George

Demacopoulos, George...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!