Writer Megan Gallagher On Her Viaplay Supernatural Nordic-Noir ‘Seizure’

Variety | 8/21/2019 | Ben Croll
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/seizure.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

With outposts in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo, Miso Film has become one of the most influential film and TV outfits in Scandinavia. On August 19, the company’s Norwegian arm lifted the curtain on its series venture, the supernatural police drama “Seizure” by premiering the show’s first two episodes at the Haugesund Film Festival ahead of its future broadcast on NENT Group’s Viaplay streaming platform.

Bowing as part of Haugesund’s Nordic TV Drama program, the show follows two Oslo detectives, played by popular local actors Anders Danielsen Lie (“Oslo, August 31st,” “22 July”) and Anders Baasmo Christiansen (“Kon-Tiki”), as they investigare the deaths of four immigrant boys. Set against an intense backdrop of personal trauma, violent weather and otherworldly apparitions, the show mixes elements of traditional Scandi Noir with a more supernatural twist.

Variety - Megan - Gallagher - Nordic - Noir

Variety spoke with show-writer Megan Gallagher, who had previously co-created the Nordic Noir “Borderliner,” a TV2 original that aired on Netflix internationally.

Writer Megan Gallagher On Her Viaplay Supernatural Nordic-Noir 'Seizure'

Ways - Seizure - Shares - Similarity - Series

In some ways, “Seizure” shares a superficial similarity with your previous series, “Borderliner.” Both use police investigations as launching points, and both begin with a set of deaths that are obviously more than they seem. Could you talk about the appeal of this particular framework?

My undergraduate degree is in criminal justice, I worked in criminal law for a while, and at this point, I’ve spent probably a few hundred hours talking to police officers, sergeants and detectives in three different countries for the purposes of writing research. I am by no means an expert, but policing is certainly a deep, deep interest of mine. One of the qualities I admire most in a good detective is not only gut instinct, but also the confidence to follow it. So I do write about that a lot. Crime scenes that should be one...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.
Tagged: