World Partners Board “a-ha The Movie” as Helmer Tells It All (EXCLUSIVE)

Variety | 8/21/2019 | Annika Pham
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/thoma-robsahm.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

HAUGESUND, Norway — Pitched at Haugesund’s New Nordic Films confab, Thomas Robsahm and Aslaug Holm’s doc “a-ha -The Movie” won’t hit screens before November 2020, but an array of new production and distribution partners have already boarded the project.

Clementina Hegewisch of Neue Impuls and Matthias Greving of Kinescope Film in Germany are now co-producing with lead Norwegian producer Yngve Sæther of Motlys (“Home Ground,” “Beware of Children”) and Tore Bucarp of Fenris Film. Public funders are the Norwegian Film Institute, Fond for lyd og bilde, Nordisk Film & TV Fond and Nordmedia.

Broadcasters - Rights - TV2 - Norway - SVT

Broadcasters that have secured rights include TV2 Norway, SVT, YLE, Arte, VRT Belgium, SRF Switzerland, while theatrical distributor Euphoria Film has nabbed domestic rights and Salzgeber & Co Medien German distribution rights. First Hand Films, who came on board two years ago, is sales rep. The release in Norway is set for November 2020.

Writer Megan Gallagher On Her Viaplay Supernatural Nordic-Noir 'Seizure'

Music - Doc - Story - Boys - Oslo

The music doc tells the whole story, how three young boys from Oslo -Magne Furuholmen, Morden Harket and Pål Waaktaar-turned into global stars in the mid-80s with their smash hit ‘Take on Me’. As the group makes a successful come back 30 years later and tours the world to sold out venues, the pic looks at their friendship, and rivalries.

Seasoned filmmaker/producer Robsahm (“Modern Slavery”, “PunX”), behind Joachim Trier’s three last pics as producer, spoke to Variety.

New - Nordic - Films - Feature - Drama

At New Nordic Films, he also pitched the feature drama “Hope” by Maria Sødahl toplining Stellan Skarsgård and Andrea Bræn Hovig, and the chiller “Lake of Death” by his sister Nini Bull Robsahm.

How -and when-did you first have the idea for the film a-Ha-The Movie?

Beatles - Idea - Process - Band - Album

Ever since I saw “Let it Be” with The Beatles, I’ve been fascinated by the idea of filming the process of a band making an album. I tried to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
NY Times, a small niche paper for a small niche people in a really big internet