HBO host Bill Maher hits back at Rep. Rashida Tlaib saying Democrats voted against Israel boycotts

Mail Online | 8/21/2019 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
jollyjetta (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/22/04/17553186-0-image-a-29_1566445940573.jpg

Bill Maher has fired back at Rep. Rashida Tlaib after she boldly called for a boycott of his late night TV program because he slammed the anti-Israel boycott movement as a 'bulls**t purity test'.

The HBO host ripped into the Democrat Congresswoman on Wednesday saying she was boycotting her own party by supporting the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) movement, which aims to end international support for Israel.

Numbers - Democrats - BDS - Movement - Tlaib

Then he hit her with numbers that prove that Democrats have voted overwhelmingly against the BDS movement, which Tlaib, a Palestinian-American, vehemently supports.

'Some people have one move only: Boycott. Cancel. Make-go-away,' he tweeted.

Thing - House - BDS - Movement - %

'But here’s the thing, the house voted 318 to 17 to condemn the #BDS movement, including 93% of Dems. Does Tlaib want to boycott 93% of her own party?' Maher added.

The 63-year-old host followed up with another tweet saying: 'Hey I got my number of reps who voted to condemn BDS wrong - it’s actually even more, not 318, it’s 398.'

Tweet - Reference - July - Vote - House

His tweet was in reference to a July vote in the House that overwhelmingly approved a measure that opposed BDS. In that vote, among the 17 people who opposed the resolution were 'Squad' members Reps. Tlaib and Ilhan Omar.

Both of the Muslim Congresswomen have been outspoken critics of Israel and supportive of the BDS movement and Palestine, resulting in Israel’s government banning the two from visiting the country last Thursday.

Tlaib - Permission

Tlaib was later given permission to visit her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!