Buttigieg’s Event in Chicago Black Neighborhood Drew in Mostly White Voters

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 8/21/2019 | Mary Chastain
KimmyPoo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Buttigieg-Chicago.jpg

Legal Insurrection has documented South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s inability to draw in the black voters since he announced his presidential candidacy.

Buttigieg still has a problem with black voters. He held an event in a historically black neighborhood in Chicago, but white people made up the majority of the audience.

Event - Place - Bronzeville - Side - Chicago

The event took place in Bronzeville, located on the south side of Chicago. The Chicago Tribune noted a long line of people for the rally, but one woman across the street had no idea Buttigieg came to town:

Many of the supporters held “Chicago for Pete” signs, and wore bright yellow and blue “Mayor Pete” and “Boot Edge Edge” T-shirts (the campaign’s way of helping with pronunciation of the candidate’s last name).

Whoa - Neighborhood - Years - Nothing - Folks

“Whoa, where are they all coming from? I’ve been in this neighborhood for 20 years, and I ain’t never seen nothing like that before, all these white folks lined up over there. Never,” Ruby Laster said, pointing at the line of supporters as she waited for the bus across King Drive. “All I know about him is he’s a young man from Indiana. He should get some credit for coming down here, but you got to let the people know what’s going on. He needs to get some flyers in the businesses around here. I didn’t hear anything about it.”

Cordaro Johnson, one of the few black attendees at the Buttigieg event, told The Chicago Tribune that the candidate “has an uphill battle to attract more African American voters.”

Buttigieg - Johnson - Voter - Buttigieg - Supporter

Buttigieg managed to change Johnson from an undecided voter to a Buttigieg supporter. Johnson said the majority of black voters have chosen former Vice President Joe Biden as rides “the wave of being Barack Obama’s vice president.”

Johnson suggested Buttigieg “needs to find a way to reach those people, people like me, that he has...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
This space intentionally left blank