President Trump Impromptu Remarks Departing White House – (Video and Transcript)…

The Last Refuge | 8/21/2019 | sundance
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/chopper-presser-9.jpg

[Transcript] – THE PRESIDENT: So, the economy is doing very, very well. We’ll see what happens with the Federal Reserve, whether or not they finally get smart and reduce interest rates, like many other places around the world that we have to compete with.

Economy - World - Lot - Things - Numbers

But our economy is the strongest in the world, by far. Nothing even close. And a lot of good things are happening. We had some very good retail numbers this morning, as you saw. And I guess the stock market is quite a bit up.

Q Are you demanding that Jay Powell lower interest rates?

PRESIDENT - No - Head - Germany - Interest

THE PRESIDENT: No, I don’t demand it. But if he used his head, he would lower them. In Germany, they have a zero interest rate. And we do compete. We’re much stronger than Germany, but we do compete with Germany. In Germany, they have a zero interest rate. And when they borrow money — I mean, when you look at what happened, look at what’s going on over there. They borrow money, and they actually get paid to borrow money. And we have to compete with that.

So, if you look at what’s happening around the world, Jay Powell and the Federal Reserve have totally missed the call. I was right, and just about everybody admits that. I was right. He did quantitative tightening. He shouldn’t have done that. He raised interest rates too fast, too furious. And we have a normalized rate. I — you call it that. And now we have to go the other direction. We’ll see if he does it. If he does it, you’ll see a rocket ship; you’ll see a boom. If he does it, we have a very strong economy.

Place - Nation

But we could have — we could be — we could be in a place that this nation was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Last Refuge
Wake Up To Breaking News!