The Fruits Of Integrity

Orange Leaders | 8/21/2019 | Joe McAlpine
Refel_4309 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/07/Fruits-of-Integrity.jpg

Integrity. It’s a word we hear a lot in leadership, especially in ministry leadership. What has always baffled me about integrity, though, is that it is commonly talked about as “who you are when no one is looking.” If integrity is based on how we act when nobody else is around then how can other people honestly judge an individual as a person of high or low integrity?

Integrity is so much more than who a person is when no one is looking. Integrity is a character trait that serves as a foundation for what makes a person good…or bad. The personalities of a truly connected and self-aware leader like empathy, grace, commitment, honesty, and transparency all stem from our ability to lead with integrity.

Person - Leader - Fruits - Person - Integrity

If a person says that you have integrity as a leader it means that they have seen the fruits of it exemplified in you. If a person thinks that you lack integrity it will almost always be because they feel like you haven’t connected with them and truly understood them.

I recently worked with a leader who was one of the most upstanding people I have ever met. He was very careful with money, he always told the truth and worked very hard to be faithful to his position and to his family. The crazy thing, though, is that when I interviewed his staff every single one told me that they thought their leader suffered from a severe lack of integrity. They didn’t trust him, they walked on eggshells when he was in the room and all of them felt like he didn’t like them or believe in their ability to do their job. This all stemmed from the leader’s inability to display the fruits of integrity.

Fruits - Integrity - Person - Show

So what are the fruits of integrity? How can a person show...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: