Pose Season 2 Finale Recap: Moving Forward, and in Heels (Grade It!)

TVLine | 8/20/2019 | Dave Nemetz
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/pose-fx-season-2-finale-elektra.jpg?w=1024

Pose capped off a superb sophomore season with a bit of role reversal — and a triumphant return to the ballroom.

We catch up with a tired-looking Blanca in May 1991, doing nails out of her apartment and nursing a bad cough. Pray Tell drops in to see her — they haven’t seen each other in eight or nine months — and she’s proud of how well her kids are doing… but she’s still alone. Pray Tell invites her back to a ball, even if she’s the only member of House Evangelista, but Blanca hesitates and keeps coughing that nasty cough. Next thing we know, she’s in a hospital bed, sharing her final wishes with Pray Tell. (Angel gets her jewelry and clothes; Damon gets her cookbooks.) He encourages her to keep fighting, but “my whole life’s been a fight,” she tells him. “I need a chance at some peace.”

Pray - Tell - Elektra - Angel - Lulu

Pray Tell won’t let her go out like that, though: He brings in Elektra, Angel and Lulu to visit, with Elektra quickly criticizing the hospital’s unflattering fluorescent lights. None of them have been to the balls lately, actually; Elektra says she doesn’t have time for “boring butch queens.” She points out how trans women helped build the ball scene, but male emcees like Pray Tell run everything, always judging from their pedestal on high. So Pray Tell and his fellow emcees huddle and come up with a solution: They’ll walk themselves in the next ball for the first time, and let the women judge them for once. Fair enough, right?

Angel’s got her own problems: She hasn’t booked a modeling job in months, and she finds out that a stylist from a photo shoot recognized her from the balls and outed her as trans. Now the whole fashion industry thinks she’s a “drag...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!