5 WAYS TO GET FEEDBACK ON YOUR PREACHING WITHOUT CRUSHING YOUR FEELINGS

CareyNieuwhof.com | 6/27/2018 | Staff
gracey (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/shutterstock_341288015.jpg?fit=1000,667&ssl=1

I admit it, I can be a little sensitive to criticism.

Whenever I’m finished giving a sermon or talk, you know what I really want to hear?

You crushed it.

That was world-class.

Best message ever.

That was spectacular. Show me the secret sauce.

Okay - Kind

Okay that’s over-the-top, but isn’t that kind of what you want to hear too?

Underneath that, of course, if you drill down a few levels, is a lot of insecurity. And some fear.

Decades - Secure - Feedback - Behavior - Feedback

I’ve literally spent decades trying to figure out how to become more secure and how to receive honest feedback. It’s a learned behavior not be defensive and to welcome feedback.

So how do you do that? Well, that’s what I want to help you with today.

Truth - Leaders - Praise

Because the truth is, leaders who only want praise never get better and they never grow.

Not only do you not hear what you need to hear, people stop telling you what they want to tell you because, well, you’re just not open.

Feelings - Nothing - Hear - Everybody - Opinion

Even if you protect your little feelings and solicit nothing or hear only praise, everybody actually has an opinion about your message. Trust me, they’re talking about it/not talking about it in the foyer, on the ride home or at lunch.

So even if you don’t evaluate your message, I promise you everyone else does.

Result - Preacher - Assessment

As a result, every preacher should get an accurate assessment of how the sermon went. And that’s hard too.

By the way—speaking of getting better— The Art of Better Preaching, a 12 part course I developed with Mark Clark, lead pastor of a rapidly growing megachurch in Vancouver BC. The course is open for just a few more days at current pricing if you’re interested in getting the best resource on communication I offer.

Leaders - Course - Part - Payment - Plan

Over 1000 leaders have taken the course and we just made it easier than ever, adding a 3 part payment plan...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: