‘The I-Land’ Trailer: Netflix Tries To Make Its Own Version of ‘Lost’, Infused With Much More Horror

/Film | 8/20/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/The-I-Land-Kate-Bosworth.jpg

The ABC drama Lost flirted with horror imagery several times during its network television run, and now Netflix is here to take that concept a step further. The streaming service has just released a trailer for a new limited series event called The I-Land, which features ten people who are tested by the physical and psychological challenges of the mysterious island on which they find themselves.

And though the trailer begins like a slickly-edited travel video, it ends with a particularly gruesome shot of someone who’s just lost some digits – and that’s not a euphemism for misplacing a phone number. Check it out below.

First - I-Land - Title - Show - Sort

First off, I can’t let this go any longer without stopping to comment that The I-Land is an objectively awful title for a show. Even if there’s some sort of double meaning to it that becomes evident over the course of the series – example: a character realizes that the whole thing is actually in their mind, making it “their land,” or an “I-land” – it’s just a dumb, goofy title that doesn’t seem to match the vibe of this trailer.

Netflix refers to this as an “immersive, mind-bending sci-fi event,” and I’m hoping...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.