78 Degrees is the Lowest You Should Set Your A/C According to Government

Rare | 8/20/2019 | Rob Fox
Click For Photo: https://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/air-conditioning-temps.jpg?w=1200&h=627&crop=1

Keep your laws suggestions off my hot body, government! According to Energy Star, a federal program from the Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, in order to help both the environment and the energy grid from being overburdened the coolest you should be keeping your home this summer is 78 degrees. That’s just when you’re home. And awake.

Energy Star says that people should have their air conditioning set at 85 degrees when they aren’t home (sorry dogs!) and 82 degrees when they’re sleeping. That’s an interesting idea, government pencil pushers, but there’s a logical fallacy with your plan. I can’t physically fall sleep in an 82-degree house because I didn’t grow up sleeping outside in Arizona. Therefore, since I’ll be wide awake, I’ll have to keep the A/C at 78 degrees. Then I’ll have to call in sick to work because I didn’t get any sleep at work and keep my home at 78 degrees even longer. Before you know it the ozone is gone, our children are being lit on fire by the sun, and it’s definitely all...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rare
Wake Up To Breaking News!