‘Marriage Story’ Companion Trailers: Noah Baumbach Shows Both Sides Of A Divorce With Scarlett Johansson & Adam Driver

The Playlist | 8/20/2019 | Harry Frazer
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NYFF57_MainSlate_MarriageStory_Credit-Wilson-Webb-Netflix.jpg

Did you know that about 50% of American marriages end in divorce? Well, ‘Marriage Story’ will showcase the struggle of going through one across the country. Written and directed by Noah Baumbach (“Margot At The Wedding,” “Frances Ha,” “The Meyerowitz Stories“), the film sees couple Adam Driver (“BlacKkKlansman,” “The Report”) and Scarlett Johansson (“The Avengers”) going through a tough coast-to-coast divorce. Driver plays the part of Charlie, a stage director, while Johansson is Nicole, an actress.

The film is a personal one for Baumbach, having gone through his parent’s divorce and then his own back in 2010, after divorcing Jennifer Jason Leigh (“The Hateful Eight”) shortly after their son was born. He spoke about the film and how his own personal experience helped him creatively with the movie. “It’s extremely personal for me, but it really became this thing where I felt like everybody was bringing themselves to it.” He continued, “Because I’ve gone through a divorce and also been through it as a child, there are things from my experience that of course, I could draw from.”

READ - MORE - Films

READ MORE: The 100 Most Anticipated Films Of 2019

One of the uglier, difficult elements of divorce which you may find yourself in one day, is choosing who’s signed you’re on. Today, Netflix, who is distributing the film, has released two companion...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!