Dear Christian Freshman, Here’s What I Wish I Knew At Your Age

Juicy Ecumenism | 8/20/2019 | Chelsen Vicari
hi09 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://juicyecumenism.com/wp-content/uploads/books-1012088_1280.jpg

I recently heard from a Christian father whose daughter begins her first year of college this August. He took the time to thank me for the work that I do here at the Institute on Religion & Democracy and asked that I send his daughter a note of encouragement. This father is incredibly proud of his daughter, a bright young woman who loves the Lord. His daughter has already encountered hostility to the Gospel and spotted unorthodox Christian teaching but has remained faithful.

As so many of our readers know, the pressure on young Christians to compromise their convictions is intense. College is especially a breeding ground for conformity. What is most concerning to me is the pressure we see coming from professing Christians who work in some campus ministries. And so I offered this young woman my words of encouragement and a bit of caution. I share my note below with the hope that it is helpful to other young Christian freshmen.

Student - Name - University - Privacy

*The student’s name and university have been omitted for privacy.

Chelsen Vicari here with the Institute on Religion & Democracy. Your dad tells me that you are starting your freshman year at college and plan to study nursing. First, congratulations on the start of an exciting academic career! How wonderful to be moving to a new place, meeting new friends, and studying the extraordinary ways in which God created the human body to heal with the help of medical professionals.

Note - Encouragement - Journey - Start - College

Second, I wanted to send you a brief note of encouragement as you begin your academic journey. The start of college is a bit overwhelming at times, at least it was for me. Maybe you are feeling a little anxious. If so, that is understandable! Remember that you are a child of God. And just as your earthly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Juicy Ecumenism
Wake Up To Breaking News!
How's that peak oil working out for you?
Tagged: