NBA star Stephen Curry helps re-launch Howard University golf teams with a 'seven-figure' donation

Mail Online | 8/20/2019 | Associated Press
oxboyoxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/20/15/17485408-0-image-a-12_1566309672015.jpg

NBA star and golf fanatic Stephen Curry is helping Howard University launch men's and women's golf programs with a seven-figure donation.

The Golden State Warriors point guard announced the effort on Monday to help one of the country's most prominent historically black universities re-establish its golf program for the the 2020-21 academic year.

'This - Way - Game - Golf - Way

'This is going to go way beyond the game of golf, way beyond Howard,' said Curry, a 31-year-old three-time NBA champion. 'This is huge.'

The exact amount of Curry's donation has not been disclosed, but the university announced it would be a six-year partnership. Sports apparel company Under Armour, which sponsors Curry and is based in nearby Baltimore, will provide the uniforms and golf club manufacturer Callaway will supply the equipment.

Washington - Post - Curry - Donation - Figures

The Washington Post reported that Curry's donation was seven figures.

A Division I golf program can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars per, year, but according to Howard President Wayne A.I. Frederick, the benefits outweigh those expenses.

'It - Opportunity - Students - Game - Business

'It's a big opportunity for us to expose students to a game that oftentimes is played as business deals are decided and a game that generations of families can play together,'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!