For When Blessings Bring Guilt

(in)courage | 8/20/2019 | Staff
applecup (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/081519_Bryant_LikeTheSunlight.jpg

I used to struggle with guilt — guilt for sinful behavior, things I thought I could have done better, but most of all, guilt for experiencing blessings from God that I didn’t see others enjoying. I felt guilty for answered prayers and for better circumstances than my friends.

I knew that “there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus,” but for some reason, it was easier to feel forgiven for my sins, trusting Jesus had really taken them away from me as far is the east is from the west, than for me not to feel guilty about being blessed by God’s hand of mercy and love.

Day - Someone - Guilt - Devil - Conviction

But one day I heard someone say that guilt is from the devil and that conviction is from the Holy Spirit. That moment was eye-opening for me and started me down a path to enjoy God’s goodness and very real character displayed in my life.

Has the enemy tried to make you feel bad for the good things in your life? Do you feel guilty for having prayers answered? Are you being shamed by the enemy for God’s goodness displayed in your life?

Devil - Freedom - Jesus - Holy - Spirit

I had allowed the devil to trick me from living in the freedom Jesus provides. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit about sin I needed to turn from and He was teaching me how to listen to Him better and obey. But the guilt was still heavy on me — not about sin but about God’s blessings that He had poured into my life.

I remember being in small groups at church and dreading the time when it was time for me to share my testimony. I didn’t feel like Jesus had saved me from enough. I felt bad for how easy my life had been compared to the others in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: