Jill Biden tells voters to pick husband: 'Your candidate may be better' on some policies, but 'we have to beat Trump'

TheHill | 8/19/2019 | Justin Wise
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thehill.com/sites/default/files/bidenjoe_073119upi_lead.jpg

Jill Biden, the wife of former Vice President Joe Biden, on Monday urged voters to put aside policy preferences and instead think about the fact that her husband has the most viable shot to beat President Trump.

"I know that not all of you are committed to my husband, and I respect that, but I want you to think about your candidate, his or her electability, and who’s going to win this race," Jill Biden said at a campaign event in Manchester, N.H., according to video from NBC.

Second - Lady - Husband - Position - Polls

The former Second Lady went on to cite her husband's strong position in the polls, noting that he has sat atop the 2020 Democratic presidential field ever since launching his campaign earlier this year.

"I know my goal is to beat Donald Trump, we have to have someone who can beat him. So if you look at the polls, if you look at Joe with his record with Independents," she said, adding that candidates couldn't just rely on Democratic voters in the 2020 election.

Candidate - Healthcare - Joe

"So yes, you know, your candidate might be better on, I don’t know, healthcare, than Joe is, but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TheHill
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .