Rashida Tlaib Claims Grandmother Told Her Not to Visit

Breitbart | 8/19/2019 | Staff
josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/08/Tlaib-MN-Press-Conference-640x335.jpg

Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) spoke to the press alongside Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) Monday afternoon amid the fallout with Israel and said her grandmother discouraged her from visiting after Israel granted her permission to come into the country.

Tlaib sent a letter addressed to Israeli Interior Minister Aryeh Deri last week, begging to see her aging grandmother. The letter followed Israel’s decision to bar her – as well as Omar – from visiting the country due to her ongoing support of the BDS movement.

Admittance - Israel - Order - Relatives - Grandmother

“I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa,” Tlaib wrote.

“This could be my last opportunity to see her. I will respect any restrictions and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit,” she added.

Israel - Permission - Positions - Conditions

Israel granted her permission, but she swiftly reversed positions, citing “oppressive conditions.”

“When I won, it gave the Palestinian people hope that someone will finally speak the truth about the inhumane conditions,” she tweeted in part Friday.

Grandmother

“I have decided that visiting my grandmother under...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.
Tagged: