George R.R. Martin Says ‘Game Of Thrones’ Ending Was ‘Freeing’

The Daily Caller | 8/19/2019 | Staff
ajoy26 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Game_Of_Thrones_4-e1556812635654.jpeg

View this post on Instagram

Blood of my blood. #GameofThrones

A post shared by gameofthrones (@gameofthrones) on

“Game of Thrones” creator George R.R. Martin apparently wasn’t sad to see the show end on HBO.

The hit show came to an end this summer after eight seasons, and it had gone past what Martin had written in the books. You’d think he might have been sad to see it end. Well, you’d be wrong.

Martin - Interview - Observer - Sunday - TV

Martin said the following during an interview with The Observer that was published on Sunday about the iconic TV show coming to an end:

There were a couple of years where, if I could have finished the book, I could have stayed ahead of the show for another couple of years, and the stress was enormous. I don’t think it was very good for me, because the very thing that should have speeded me up actually slowed me down. Every day I sat down to write and even if I had a good day – and a good day for me is three or four pages – I’d feel terrible because I’d be thinking: ‘My God, I have to finish the book. I’ve only written four pages when I should have written 40.’ But having the show finish is freeing, because I’m at my own pace...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!