Why I Teach My Kids Not to Believe in Luck.

samluce.com | 8/19/2019 | Staff
TaylorShaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://s3287.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/I-dont-believe-in-luck-1200x630.jpg

Click For Photo: http://s3287.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/I-dont-believe-in-luck.jpg

In Greek mythology the Greek goddess of luck is Tyche. She gave people who served her good fortune and when things didn’t go your way she is to blame. The Romans referred to her as Fortuna “fortune”. The difference between these understandings of their gods and the one true God is the Greek and Roman gods handed out good and not so good fortune but they did so indiscriminately or in response to human action. The God of the Bible the one true God isn’t caprcious or trite he doesn’t just hand out blessings or punishment based on a whim rather he does what he does according to the preordained plan of God.

Luck is a resignation to fate. Fate is very different than providence. I love the way Spurgeon explains the difference between the two.

Particle - Dust - Sunbeam - Atom - God

“I believe that every particle of dust that dances in the sunbeam does not move an atom more or less than God wishes – that every particle of spray that dashes against the steamboat has its orbit, as well as the sun in the heavens – that the chaff from the hand of the winnower is steered as the stars in their courses. The creeping of an aphid over the rosebud is as much fixed as the march of the devastating pestilence – the fall of . . . leaves from a poplar is as fully ordained as the tumbling of an avalanche.”

“What is fate? Fate is this – Whatever is, must be. But there is a difference between that and Providence. Providence says, Whatever God ordains, must be; but the wisdom of God never ordains anything without a purpose. Everything in this world is working for some great end. Fate does not say that. . . . There is all the difference between fate and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: samluce.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: