MEDITATION MONDAY – THROUGH THE EYES OF LOVE

Godspacelight | 8/19/2019 | Staff
srqlolo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/aircraft-1813731_1920.jpg

I mentioned last week that I am starting a busy travel season and part of what I am discovering is that flying is becoming a great place to listen, learn and reflect. My last trip to Texas was no exception.

Standing in line for my plane (no it wasn’t the one in the photo) in Dallas I started talking to the woman in front of me and soon had a lively and engaging discussion going. It was obvious that we were connecting at a deep level. Just before we boarded she asked me what I did for a living and when I mentioned that I wrote books for a Christian audience she suddenly disengaged and took a step back, a look of pain on her face. We boarded the plane in silence and discovered we were sitting next to each other.

Attitude - Conversation - Sex - Relationship - Bible

I knew exactly what had changed her attitude. In our early conversation she had mentioned that she was in a same sex relationship and now she was sure that I would start Bible bashing her with my theology.

I turned to her and shared that I had just come from a Baptist church in Waco where the congregation decided not just to accept gay couples but to perform gay marriages. In response there had been picketed demonstrations in the parking lot, hate mail in the post, abusive and offensive language and behavior directed at congregational members. Professors at the local seminary were told they couldn’t attend. It has been horrible but they have stood their ground believing that this is the loving thing to do.

Eyes

Her eyes lit up as she realized I was not rejecting her but accepting her and she shared with me some of the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!