Loving the Law

The Cripplegate | 8/19/2019 | Staff
Matty123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thecripplegate.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/law.jpg

When I was in the 5th grade, my family moved to a small town. To make friends I went to the school rugby practices. This strategy backfired a bit. I had come from a school where I had only played soccer. I had never watched a rugby game before and had no idea what the rules were, but figured it was just like soccer, but easier because you could use your hands and the goals posts were a lot taller. I joined the practice team and no one bothered to ask if I knew the rules. I was too embarrassed to ask for help, so I just played with soccer rules.

Not many people realize that the rules God gives his people in the Bible are not meant to suck the joy out of life, but rather to equip one to enjoy life, family, relationships, and worship more and more. This is the perspective of the psalmist who penned Psalm 119:9-16.

Psalm - Man - Way - Pure - Word

Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.

The psalmist is asking – how can I stay pure, how can I obey God?

Law - God - Desire - God

The law of God only works if it springs from a desire to please God.

Jesus reprimanded religious hypocrites for doing their service only to be seen by men.

Matthew - Beware - Righteousness - People - Order

Matthew 6:1 Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

When your religion is genuine, you don’t care if people see, you only care what God sees.

Desire - Sin

What is your desire? What do you really want? Do you want to get away with secret sin, or do you want to be godly?

Psalm 119:10 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Cripplegate
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: