MICHAEL COLE: It's time Prince Andrew came clean about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein

Mail Online | 8/18/2019 | Michael Cole Former Bbc News Correspondent For The Daily Mail
entengo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/18/23/17424954-0-image-a-27_1566166026876.jpg

I have always liked Prince Andrew. I interviewed him and Sarah Ferguson for BBC TV News shortly before their wedding in 1986 and it was one of the most spontaneous, happy and candid royal interviews ever given up to that date.

The marriage was a true love match and the whole nation rejoiced. The couple teased the crowd who were demanding a kiss on the Buckingham Palace balcony.

Newly-weds - Encouragement - Smacker

But the newly-weds needed no encouragement at all to comply. It was a smacker.

With the marriage of the Prince and Princess of Wales under real strain at the time and Camilla Parker Bowles back on the scene, at least one of the Queen’s children seemed to have married for the right reasons.

Child - War - Hero - Falklands - War

And her favourite child too, a genuine war hero who had returned from the Falklands War with a rose clenched between his ample set of teeth. But then it all went wrong, ending in divorce ten years later.

Fergie’s many and lurid indiscretions and Andrew’s long absences in the Royal Navy were blamed for putting a strain on the marriage. To my mind, it would have been far better had he stayed in the service.

People - Ghislaine - Maxwell - Billionaire - Financier

It would have kept him away from people like Ghislaine Maxwell and the billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein.

How he was unable to see that he was being used by them for his royal connections and to boost their egos is simply beyond my understanding.

Thing - Prince - Man - Judgment

It is a fine thing to be born a prince. But the man appears to have no judgment.

If he has anyone telling him how badly some aspects of his lifestyle are likely to be perceived in the real world, he is clearly not listening.

Depth - Trade - Representative - Country - Sort

He was out of his depth as a trade representative for this country, unfailingly mixing with precisely the wrong sort of foreign despots and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!