Tips For Buying A Used Shotgun

The Daily Caller | 8/18/2019 | Staff
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/SI_Pump870-e1566150640235.jpg

Gun manufacturers aren’t going to love me for writing this, but you don’t have to buy a brand-new shotgun for your home, shop, truck or boat when there are thousands of them in great condition on used-gun racks everywhere. You can pick one up for a song and turn it into an ultimate self-defense shotgun with a few simple mods. Here’s how:

Terry Summers owns Tiger Pawn on Main Street in Ada, OK. There’s a pawnshop or two like it in many towns across America. Summers sells a little of everything: Electronics, TVs, computers, chainsaws, guitars and tools, but he makes most of his money on guns and jewelry. Sure, he tends to turn over more Hi-Point pistols than HKs, but in shotguns he says the guns he sees most are Remington 870s and Mossberg 500s—both excellent choices for home-defense.

Run-of-the - Mill - Hunting - Guns - Reality

Sure, most of these are run-of-the mill, do-it-all hunting guns, but the reality is, blued steel and walnut stocks are just fine, if even better than synthetic stocks for most home-defense applications. After all, synthetic (another name for molded plastic) became all the rage for hunters and soldiers who routinely abuse their guns and expose them to harsh elements. A wooden-stocked gun kept in your house will last forever; same goes for blued steel if you run an oily rag over it occasionally. So, don’t let it bother you in the least if the slightly used shotgun you see on the shelf isn’t all “tactical black.” As long as the metal looks good and the gun functions, be ready to snap it up.

“I might buy the gun for $150” says Summers, “If it’s a newer, cheaper model, then sell it for $250,” he says. I don’t blame him for making a profit. He’s the one carrying the FFL and providing a storefront....
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!
Tagged: