Galaxy Note 10 Plus ongoing review: The camera gets a big boost

CNET | 8/18/2019 | Jessica Dolcourt
AnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/img/5Hnugyp7kIrOh9X3raBN6aioz88=/2019/08/17/457bbd4f-fbad-4cb3-868d-13bec06c00ba/samsung-galaxy-note-10-plus-13.jpg

The Note 10 Plus.

I've learned even more about the Galaxy Note 10 Plus after another day of testing that focused on observing battery life, the efficacy of the in-screen fingerprint reader and comparing night mode photo quality from the Note 10's camera to the Huawei P30 Pro and Google Pixel 3, the two best-in-class expressions of dedicated night mode so far. It's only been four days since I first unboxed the Note 10 Plus, but so far I'm liking what I see.

Wallpaper - Custom - Clock - Colors - SIM

By now I've set the 10 Plus exactly how I like (down to switching out the wallpaper and choosing custom clock colors) and switched in my SIM card -- this is currently the only phone I'm using until it's time to run a battery drain test, which could take 24 hours or longer on the 10 Plus' 4,300mAh battery. After that test, I'll continue to use the Note 10 Plus full-time.

I'm about halfway done with the review (it takes a solid week to thoroughly run tests and for all the best and worst parts of a phone to crystallize. There's still much more to discover about the capabilities of the depth sensor (one feature, 3D scanner, isn't even out yet) and just how helpful Samsung's new S Pen gesture controls really are.

Note - Plus - Thanks - Beguiling - Backing

So far, the Note 10 Plus is shaping up to be beautiful, thanks to its colorful beguiling backing and more svelte and sophisticated design than the Galaxy Note 9. Its cameras, tools and features are beginning to present as a complete package that's fun and satisfying to use. But I'm struggling with the button placement and the missing headphone jack, and I have some questions about a few new features. Read on for details.

Samsung's new Note 10 is all the colors of the rainbow.

Samsung - Galaxy - Cameras

Samsung's Galaxy cameras...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!