Rashida Tlaib Begs To Enter Israel, Then Rejects Invitation

The Federalist | 8/16/2019 | Chrissy Clark
finter (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://thefederalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/rashidatlaib5.13.jpg

After Israel granted access to Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., so she could visit her grandmother, Tlaib released a statement saying she would not be visiting Israel because of the “oppressive conditions.”

Tlaib pleaded her case to Israel’s interior minister, Aryeh Deri, asking for permission to visit her 90-year-old grandmother in the West Bank. Tlaib said it may be the last time she sees her grandmother.

Tlaib - Letter

Tlaib’s letter reads:

Minister Deri: I would like to request admittance to Israel in order to visit my relatives, and specifically my grandmother, who is in her 90s and lives in Beit Ur al-Fouqa. This could be my last opportunity to see her. I will respect any restriction and will not promote boycotts against Israel during my visit.

Letter - Tlaib - Boycott - Divestment - Sanctions

In the letter, Tlaib acknowledged she would not promote her boycott, divestment, and sanctions platform against Israel during her visit.

After Israel granted Tlaib approval, she released a statement saying she would no longer be visiting her grandmother, in an effort to prove a point about Israeli oppression.

Deri - Encounter - Tlaib - Request - Israel

Deri tweeted about the encounter, saying he approved Tlaib’s request to visit Israel as a “gesture of goodwill on a humanitarian basis.” However, when Tlaib declined the invitation, Deri ripped into Tlaib, saying, “Apparently her...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I find it extremely funny when people keep voting and expecting the government to change!