‘American Factory’ Trailer Chases the Elusive American Dream

/Film | 8/14/2019 | Chris Evangelista
morica (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/american-factory-trailer.jpg

In 2014, a Chinese billionaire opened a car factory in the remains of an abandoned General Motors plant located in Dayton, Ohio. The plant hired two thousand locals to come work alongside transplanted Chinese workers. The East-meets-West culture clash was almost immediate. The documentary American Factory chronicles the story with potentially powerful results. Watch the American Factory trailer below.

Whenever I think of the term “Netflix documentary,” my mind immediately conjures up images of true crime docs. Maybe I watch too many of them, or maybe Netflix just makes a bigger deal of promoting the true crime stuff they create (or purchase). But every now and then, the streaming service will release a documentary that has nothing to do with murder at all. Shocking, I know! American Factory is such a documentary.

American - Factory - Dive - Ohio - Billionaire

American Factory “takes a deep dive into a post-industrial Ohio, where a Chinese billionaire opens a new factory in the husk of an abandoned General Motors plant and hires two thousand blue-collar Americans. Early days of hope and optimism give way to setbacks as high-tech China clashes with working-class America.” The doc played at Sundance this year, where it went over well – it’s currently sitting at 95% on Rotten Tomatoes, with IndieWire...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!