ASK FATHER: Priest puts up scandalous “gay” flag for annual public “pride” week. Bishop: zero help.

wdtprs.com | 8/14/2019 | View all posts by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf →
mel4mel4 (Posted by) Level 4

QUAERITUR:

I’m asking for some advice/direction on a frustrating and too common issue.

Question - Faithful - Display - Disobedience - Church

So my question is how are the faithful to respond to this public display of disobedience to Church teaching? Would I need to contact Rome now or is there someone else before it gets to that step?

There’s a lot going on in this message: “second year”… “after“ hubris week… YOU are “ignorant”… the probably intimidated or compromised bishop won’t take a real stand….

People - Issue - Suggestion - Meeting - Priest

First, how many people are engaged on this issue? It seems to me that you could get organized (and see other suggestion, below) and schedule a meeting with the priest and work through the issues with him, hear his side. Remember, he might be homosexual and, therefore, personally invested in this scandal. If that’s the case, then don’t expect a reasoned position or good treatment when you challenge him to affirm the Church’s teaching about homosexual actions.

You might at that point explain to him what is going to happen next to your annual giving in the parish for the next year. You are all cutting back on your giving: too late to change that now, after two years of this public scandal. The next time shame week rolls around, you will review your decision: no flags, etc., giving restored to normal levels – flags, etc. deeper cuts yet.

Response - Accusation - Ignorance - Ignorance - Meeting

In response to his accusation of your ignorance, to dispel his “mature ignorance”, bring to that meeting screenshots or clippings of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: wdtprs.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!