Catholic Polish Teen, Christian Cross Held High, Defies LGBT Pride March

CNS News | 8/13/2019 | Staff
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.cnsnews.com/polish_boy_cross.jpg

Jakub Baryla, a 15-year-old Catholic boy in Poland, stood with a large crucifix and rosary to block an LGBT Pride march on Saturday, and eventually was forcibly removed by the police. Baryla later said that Jesus “stood against evil and sins” and that “our holy faith commands us to counteract evil deeds.”

Baryla also said he was not opposing the people in the march but was “going against the bad deeds that are promoting homosexuality.” Poland is a strongly Catholic country. Marriage is legally defined as being between one man and one woman and so-called gay marriage is not recognized.

LGBT - Pride - March - City - Plock

The LGBT Pride march was held in the city of Plock, Poland on Aug. 12. Plock is in the center of Poland, just west of Warsaw.

As reported by Church Militant and other media, Baryla said he was inspired to stand with a cross against the LGBT marchers in the way that Fr. Ignacy Skorupko stood with Polish soldiers against the communist Bolsheviks in August 1920. Baryla added that he was highly motivated to take action after he saw a blasphemous, gay-rainbow depiction of the Virgin Mary being carried by the homosexual activists.

Cross - Priest - Płock - Parish - Baryla

“I asked for a cross from a priest from a Płock parish,” said Baryla. “The priest was afraid of atheists profaning the Holy Cross, but he gave me a crucifix. I wanted as many people as possible to see my gesture. I wanted to make them reflect and discuss. First, I walked with a cross in my hand in front of the police cordon protecting the Equality March.”

“Later I sat on the pavement and prayed in Latin with the words Salve Regina,” he said. “I directed my prayer to the Mother of God, the ideal of purity. Policemen came to me and asked me to get out of the way. I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNS News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?