15-YEAR-OLD BOY HOLDING A CRUCIFIX BLOCKS LGBT MARCH IN POLAND

www.churchmilitant.com | 8/12/2019 | Staff
jenny124124 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.churchmilitant.com/images/social_images/2019-08-12_Poland.jpg

You are not signed in as a Premium user; we rely on Premium users to support our news reporting. Sign in or Sign up today!

PŁOCK, Poland (ChurchMilitant.com) - A 15-year-old Polish boy is being hailed as a Catholic "hero" after daring to block an LGBT pride march with a raised crucifix and Rosary in his hand.

Jakub - Baryła - Catholic - Traditionalist - Twitter

Jakub Baryła, who describes himself as "Catholic, traditionalist, conservative and patriotic" on Twitter, has become a social media sensation after standing in the path of a 1,000-strong LGBT equality march in the city of Płock on Saturday.

Baryła, who is a councilor at Płock Youth Council, said that he decided to block the march with a crucifix after he was inspired by "a similar gesture by Fr. Ignacy Skorupko during the Warsaw battle with the Bolsheviks in 1920."

Father - Skorupko - Army - Chaplain - Aug

Father Skorupko was a Polish army chaplain who was killed on Aug. 14, 1920, at the Battle of Ossów during the Polish counter-attack. Standing with soldiers leading a charge on the front lines, the priest was holding a cross to encourage Polish soldiers.

Baryła says he initially gave up this idea "because of social consequences. I was afraid of how people would react," he told the conservative media website wPolityce.pl.

Mind - Icon - Lady - Częstochowa - Rainbow

However, he changed his mind and decided to act when he saw a blasphemous icon of Our Lady of Częstochowa with a rainbow halo at the Płock LGBT parade:

I asked for a cross from a priest from a Płock parish. The priest was afraid of atheists profaning the Holy Cross, but he gave me a crucifix. I wanted as many people as possible to see my gesture. I wanted to make them reflect and discuss. First, I walked with a cross in my hand in front of the police cordon protecting the Equality March.

Pavement - Prayed

Later I sat on the pavement and prayed...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.churchmilitant.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!