YouTube star eating disorder losing 27 pounds

Mail Online | 8/12/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
rubydrummer (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/12/21/17199414-0-image-a-85_1565640087519.jpg

A YouTube star has opened up about her eating disorder, which stemmed from the depression and loneliness she experienced starting after she was bullied high school.

Meredith Foster, 23, found success on YouTube by sharing makeup tutorials and fashion hauls while attending high school, which later garnered her more than 4.6 million subscribers.

YouTuber - Tones - YouTube - Video - Battle

But the YouTuber changed tones in her most recent YouTube video by instead detailing her battle with eating disorders and depression.

'Eating disorders do not have a look,' Meredith said at the beginning of her video, adding: 'You can be at any weight and struggling. You could be old. A lot of men struggle, too.'

'This - Something - Teenage - Girls - Thing

She continued: 'This is not something that’s just for like underweight teenage girls. This is literally an epidemic. It’s scary, it’s serious and it’s a life-threatening thing, so we need to take this seriously.'

Meredith then described how she started her YouTube channel while going to a public high school.

Time - Loneliness - Bullying - Students - School

During that time, she experienced loneliness and bullying because students at the school did not understand the point of her YouTube channel.

'I just felt so alone and so isolated that I just put my head down studied really hard, got really good grades…this was when I started to get into my YouTube channel,' Meredith detailed.

YouTube - Channels - Friends - Set - People

Prior to starting the YouTube channels, she had attempted to be friends with a set of people. But the 'clique', as she called it, forced her to drink, which was not something Meredith was focused on in high school.

Eventually Meredith decided to leave public school in order to pursue online home schooling, after a video that cruelly mocked her YouTube channel was allowed to be played for everyone during an assembly.

'Once - School - Online - Day - Mom…I

'Once I started doing school online I was home alone every day with my mom…I...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!