Acting border chief dismisses crying 11-year-old after ICE raid: 'Her father committed a crime'

Mail Online | 8/12/2019 | Katelyn Caralle, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/08/12/13/17186966-0-image-a-37_1565614475584.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/08/715254498208624787/1024x576_MP4_715254498208624787.mp4

Mark Morgan, the acting Customs and Border Protection commissioner, said on Sunday that children's reactions to their parents being detained during the Mississippi raids, doesn't change the fact that they committed a crime.

'I understand that the girl is upset and I get that. But her father committed a crime,' Morgan told CNN, dismissing a video of a crying 11-year-old girl who was begging for ICE to release her parents.

Girl - Magdalena - Gomez - Gregorio - Mother

He said the young girl, Magdalena Gomez Gregorio, saw her mother, who was home, shortly after the viral video of her sobbing was recorded.

'I know it's emotional and I know it's done on purpose to show a picture like that,' Morgan said of the video when speaking to CNN's Jake Tapper over the weekend.

Wednesday - Immigration - Customs - Enforcement - Raid

On Wednesday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement conducted a raid on seven different food processing plants in six cities in Mississippi and detained a little less than 700 workers. By Friday, a press release indicated 300 of the 700 undocumented workers had been released 'on humanitarian grounds.'

ICE and the Department of Homeland Security came under scrutiny for failing to notify Child Protective Services or Health and Human Services – the agency that takes in unaccompanied migrant children – of the plans so it made it more difficult for the agencies to respond and take care of the kids whose parents were detained.

Video - Gregorio - Plead - 'Government - Heart

In the video, Gregorio plead, 'Government, please put your heart -- let my parents be free with everybody else, please.'

'I need my dad ... mommy,' she said, stuttering and pausing between tears while speaking with a local TV station. 'My dad didn't do nothing. He's not a criminal.'

Videos - Children - Parents

There were a few other similar videos with children crying after learning their parents were detained.

Morgan said the media was failing to focus on a different aspects of the raids, suggesting that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?