When Someone Disagrees With Something You Said Online

ChurchMag | 8/12/2019 | Allison Dye
just-me (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchm.ag/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/donut-online-diagree-1.jpg

With so many social media platforms, there are plenty of places where people can say whatever they want to say.

They can talk about their life, they can vent, they can celebrate— put simply, they can share their opinions, about anything.

People - Opinions - Others

And the same goes for the people reading the opinions of others; they can respond with whatever they want to.

The problem is when this interaction is negative, or hurtful.

Today - Person - Interactions - Kind - People

Today I’m not writing about the “other person”, I’m writing about you and me and what we can do to keep these interactions positive, kind, and even loving. Because you cannot choose what other people say, but you can control what you say.

Whether you posted something about a sports team, politics, or whether or not you should eat your donut with a fork (you shouldn’t but you do you), you may receive negative responses or even just comments opposing your point of view. Below you’ll see some questions you can ask yourself before responding, or as you’ll see, maybe not responding at all.

Examples - Media - Donut - Fork

For the examples below: you’ve just posted on social media that you should never eat a donut with a fork.

1) Can I have a reasonable, positive discussion with this person?

Discussion - Comment - Never - Fool - Fool

They’ve already responded negatively to what you said. You need to honestly ask yourself if you can positively turn this discussion around to be reasonable. If you can, then do it. If you can’t that is perfectly okay, and you should probably ignore that comment completely. Never, ever argue with a fool, because then you’re a fool too.

Example: They respond to your post negatively saying that donuts should only ever be eaten with a fork.

Respond - Firm - Donuts - Forks

You can either: positively respond by stating why you stand firm on why you shouldn’t eat donuts with forks and leave it open so they can further...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchMag
Wake Up To Breaking News!