8 Reasons Pastors Get Fired

ChurchLeaders | 8/11/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/8.12.HOME_.CC.ReasonsFired.jpg

Over the past several years, I’ve paid more attention to reasons pastors—including some of my acquaintances and former students—have been fired. In some cases, the congregation has been a “knucklehead” group of people who’ve treated a leader poorly; but, I’ve also seen some leaders who invited trouble by doing the following:

Leading too quickly into change. It wasn’t that change wasn’t needed; it was that leaders pushed change so hard and so quickly that the church wasn’t ready to move in that direction.

Agenda - Somebody - Heresy - Cases - Leaders

Pushing one theological agenda. Here, I’m not talking about somebody promoting heresy. In these cases, it’s been leaders who think their particular “ism” is the only correct one within the realm of evangelicalism—and they crusade for it.

Being lazy and unaccountable. This would include leaders who view ministry as only a 40-hour per week job, with little or no willingness to work beyond that limit. It also includes leaders in small churches who answer to no one and often do ministry alone.

Sermons - Approach - Preparation - Access - Sermons

Plagiarizing sermons. This approach to sermon preparation has always been a bad one, but access to sermons on the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Conservatives are to the GOP what oil is to water, and the GOPe spend most of their time skimming it off or setting it on fire.
Tagged: